Sunday, August 24, 2008

Truth.

Truth
Current mood: anxious

I never imagined I would look back at my life and honestly not know where I went wrong. A life of second guessing, questioning, and contemplating the eternal "what if" plagues me. Im a quarter century old, meaning I still haven't learned shit. Anytime I think I start to understand something I am quickly reminded of what truth lies ahead- a truth so dumbfoundedly simple yet intricately exhausting at the same time: I know nothing.

Based on this knowledge of nothingness I have decided to embark on life's journey with a new outlook, perceiving the world as a hypnotic, majystical creation for which it's soul purpose is to confuse the hell out of people, hurt people, and most of all, abandon people.

I am left alone in this infinite wisdom of brutal truth. The world knows nothing, as I know far less. My influences are pointless. My heroes, goals, accomplishments are nothing but mere fragments of what could have been, and what will never be.

Music seems to be the only thing that can grasp the realism of the world. It is ever changing, the beat being the soul, connecting one fragile note to the next. I am a fragile note, relying on the rest of the symphony to put me together, create a masterpeice that can never fail if played correctly.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic. There is so much hope in the human population, faith beyond recognition of its true form, a kindness that exhibits almost a cruel and unnusual punishment for those of us who understand the truth of the world. The truth being nothing.

1 comment:

CaliforniaGirl said...

so true...( your kids are adorable by the way...not that you need me telling you that : )